Zeus (First Run Kong)
Discraft Zeus (First Run) - Paul McBeth Driver
When is the Release of the Discraft Zeus? July 12th 2019
The Discraft Zeus (First Run) is the former very popular proto type Paul McBeth Kong. This is a high speed, high glide very fast overstable Distance Driver only meant for Kings. It was King Kong, but not anymore as someone even stronger is required to throw this legendary disc. Zeus, the God of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, and justice. It's only suited Paul MacBeth would have a disc named after himself!
Paul, just like Zeus shows no mercy as he's been on top of the leaderboards all of 2019 with his new Discraft Team. The new discs he's been presenting might be the reason he's performing so well. He has had an exteme amount of say in crafting his lineup of discs and helping Discraft mold the best possible disc for him and in turn has been helping the Disc Golf Community.
The Discraft Zues is the 2nd disc in his lineup as the first disc was the Discraft Luna. We have been blessed with a 3rd disc, the Discraft Anax, a Fairway Driver. All we are missing now is a Mid-Range!
Speed: 12 | Glide: 5 | Turn: -1 | Fade: 3 | PDGA APPROVED
- Diameter: 21.1 cm
- Height: 1.6 cm
- Rim Depth: 1.2 cm
- Rim Width: 2.3 cm
Paul has made his way to the Discraft factory muliple times in Wixom, Michigan where he saw the discs being made. They brought him back to where the actual molds were stored and discs were on the wall. One written with a sharpie pen was written on with "Kong" in dust. It was there first try on there take on a high speed driver. Paul stated, "It just clicked in my head where it's kind of like one man's trash is another man's treasure." He felt it needed to come out of the dark room.
The Kong was great for shaping shots and everyone found it easy to throw for massive distance even with the high overstability the disc has. No matter who throws it, it will perform. The popularity of the Kong nobody has question about, but the name just didn't feel right. The rename of Zeus just feels right.
Many question if the disc was renamed due copywrite issues with the popular dog toy, but we will never know as Discraft seems to be quiet about that subject so we can only speculate.
- Any pre-orders purchased will be shipped on the date provided in the variant option. Sometimes we don't receive all the discs on the specified date the manufacturer provides us. When this occurs the orders will be sent by the order they were received. Any disc purchases combined with a pre-order will be shipping together on the latest pre-order date.
- All Discs purchased with First Class Mail will be sent via bubble mailer (2-5 days depending on location)
- If purchased with Priority Mail or UPS they will be sent in a box and utilize the faster shipping method (1-5 days depending on location)
- Priority Mail does not guarantee delivery times, but is an estimate upon how long it will take.
Bags, Baskets & Carts
- Most Bags and Baskets are sent directly from the Manufacturer and utilize UPS (Usually 3-5 business days)
- Smaller bags and baskets utilize USPS