Innova DX Birdie
The Innova DX Birdie is both economic and consistent. This disc is available in a variety of models and weights, and no matter what you are looking for Innova will have the right disc for you! The DX Birdie has excellent aesthetic features, provides a firm disc, and is a perfectly economic for all disc golfers!
Peter Shive - "I switched to this disc from the Aviar several years ago. It is rock solid in the wind. This is why I putt with it. I also use it for approaches out to about 200 feet, for the same reason (stability in wind) and because, compared with other discs, it stays put better when it hits the ground."
The DX Birdie is the best "go for it" frisbee and works excellent with approach shots. It's a very slow straight flying disc with a sure Thumtrac grip allowing for tight grips so you don't have to worry about any slipping. Did we say it's straight? From the start to finish of flight, it won't turn or fade and keeps the line you throw it on throughout. Ultimate Frisbee players will enjoy the transition to Disc Golf utilizing this disc considering it has a lot of similarities.
Best Choice for: Beginners, Straight line approaches, Converting from Ultimate
Speed 1 | Glide 2 | Turn 0 | Fade 0 | Date of Approval: 05/13/91 (retooled)
Innova's Review of the DX Birdie
The Birdie is a slow, straight flyer with our Thumtrac™ grip for a sure release. It has great chain catching ability. Great for approach shots, as it flies straight and slow, start to finish. It is one of our best “go for it” discs as it doesn’t go far past the basket on misses, and stays put when it hits the ground. A good disc for those players making the conversion from flat edged disc sports: Catch, Ultimate, Freestyle, etc.
The Birdie is our best "go for it" disc and an excellent approach disc. It is a slow, straight flyer with a sure Thumtrac™ grip that makes it easy to go for it without worry.
- Least expensive
- Widest selection of models and weights
- Excellent grip in all weather situations
- Breaks in over time
Tagged: Innova Putters, Birdie, DX
- Any pre-orders purchased will be shipped on the date provided in the variant option. Sometimes we don't receive all the discs on the specified date the manufacturer provides us. When this occurs the orders will be sent by the order they were received. Any disc purchases combined with a pre-order will be shipping together on the latest pre-order date.
- All Discs purchased with First Class Mail will be sent via bubble mailer (2-5 days depending on location)
- If purchased with Priority Mail or UPS they will be sent in a box and utilize the faster shipping method (1-5 days depending on location)
- Priority Mail does not guarantee delivery times, but is an estimate upon how long it will take.
Bags, Baskets & Carts
- Most Bags and Baskets are sent directly from the Manufacturer and utilize UPS (Usually 3-5 business days)
- Smaller bags and baskets utilize USPS